Product Safety Management Guidelines helps develop internal procedures for the safe design, manufacture, distribution and use of products. The material also serves as a valuable reference to line supervisors, design engineers, and legal and insurance specialists. Anyone involved in the training of manufacturing, quality assurance and sales personnel will find essential information on how to communicate product safety awareness.
This book covers the guidelines on how to set up a new product-safety department, but does not attempt to supply technical expertise in specific areas. Discussions and definitions are guided by law and case findings.
The guidelines will assist the product safety professional in:
- Identifying the key elements of an effective product safety program
- Discussing what to do first to establish and maintain a product safety program
- Discussing the sources of loss due to product-related accidents
- Discussing how to control or minimize such losses
- Listing the programs and information sources available to help the product safety professional maintain and augment the product safety program in his or her organization
- Exploring every department’s product safety responsibilities
*Click on the green arrow to the left for Table of Contents information!
Hardcover: 260 Pages
Publisher: National Safety Council; 2nd Ed. (1997)
Product Dimensions: 11.1 x 8.5 x 0.8 inches
Shipping Weight: 1.8 pounds