Coaching the Van Driver 3 addresses the differences between driving a car and driving a van— focusing on the considerations of mini-vans, commercial and 15 passenger van drivers. It shows van drivers practical ways to adjust their driving style to the unique type of vehicle to avoid collisions.
Coaching the Van Driver 3 can be presented as a classroom course in one session or in shorter, multiple sessions. Throughout the 4 hour course, participants will learn:
- How to recognize both potential and immediate hazards
- How to conduct an effective pre-trip inspection
- How to avoid collisions in a variety of driving conditions and environments
- Key safety techniques including blind spots, cushions of safety, backing safely, following and stopping distances, distracted driving, collision reporting, and more.
The course also features an optional segment and group learning activity for transporting cargo and passengers
Instructor Kit includes:
- Fully-scripted Instructor manual with group learning activities, discussion starters and questions, situation analyses, observation checklist, registration form and written test
- Video presentation (on DVD) to enhance the course experience
A Coaching the Van Driver 3 Driver Response Book is required for each class participant. The Instructor Kit does not include Driver Response Books. To order Driver Response Books, refer to product 34441-0024.